Here are some key points about how we access your Slack workspace and your data.
We request permissions only to:
- Verify your identity
- Get your timezone for a better scheduling experience
- Send messages to you privately in Slack that only you can see regarding errors or other state messages
- Schedule messages in the future.
- Use emails we have access to in your workspace for any purpose other than scheduling messages as expected
- Store or view any of your message content. Our plugin does not need to store your messages to schedule them in advance. Only messages sent to the app via the /schedule command are parsed. The message ID may be stored for recurring messages.
- Store any personal information on our database regarding names, emails or other personal information aside from information needed to carry out service expected. That information includes your Team ID, securely generated Access token with relevant scopes, subscription status and Slack User ID if that user has granted the app permission.
- Each user must individually give permission for Slack Scheduler to schedule messages on their behalf.
Please feel free to review the permissions you have allowed our app anytime and delete if you feel necessary. We also encourage you to contact us if you have any concerns.
How the App will communicate with you on Slack:
- The app will only respond to the /schedule command
- The app will send ephemeral messages (visible only to the user who has initiated a scheduled message) to give feedback on the message that was scheduled or to provide feedback on why it could not be scheduled
- The app may send messages directly only to the Slackbot of the person who first initiated the account to inform them that their trial is coming to an end or has expired.
- Aside from the above point, at no point will the app broadcast to channels or direct messages without user instruction.
By creating your Slack Scheduler account, you are acknowledging the following terms.
- You acknowledge that we may contact you via the primary email address for matters relating to your account and for marketing material if opted in.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure
- Any breach of the terms of service will result in termination of your services
- You acknowledge and agree that we may amend these Terms of Service at any time by posting the relevant amended and restated Terms of Service on our website at https://slackscheduler.com/pages/privacy-policy
- You agree to fair use of the service
- You expressly understand and agree that, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, Slack Scheduler shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from the use of or inability to use the Slack Scheduler service.
- Your use of the Slack Scheduler services is at your sole risk. The Slack Scheduler services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory.
- You may cancel your Account and terminate the Terms of Service at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or cancelling via your account portal.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers) email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you;
Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site
We use Recharge for our subscription service with Stripe. And Klaviyo for email marketing.
Importantly, only the information of the person activating your account will be shared with these services as needed. Only one person per team is required to activate the account.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or another lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Unless You specifically withdraw Your consent to this clause by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, You hereby acknowledge and consent to Slack Scheduler making use of any of Your marks, logos and trade names to identify You as Slack Scheduler's user/customer on Slack Scheduler's Site and/or Services, in addition to any other marketing material.
MODIFICATIONS TO THE SERVICES AND PRICES
Prices for using the Slack Scheduler services are subject to change upon 30 days’ notice. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Slack Scheduler site (slackscheduler.com).
Slack Scheduler reserves the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify or discontinue, the Slack Scheduler services (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
Slack Scheduler shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
29 Brook Street, Brisbane, QLD, 4001, Australia